“They will beat their swords into plowshares.”
The end is near, of war that is. That’s a good thing because we have had our fill of war. Two World Wars have not been enough for us. We are still taking up swords and whatever weapons we can find to kill our enemies, neighbors, and even our brothers and sisters.
But this will end someday.
This world is fast approaching an unwelcome end. The end of the world as we know it, as it’s been so often called. It is still many years away, but time moves in a straight line, and that line is heading toward an eventual end. You and I have time to continue our active pursuit of lifetime dreams. So, keep an eye on your goals and dreams, but don’t lose sight of the important fact. The end of God’s story is closer today than it was yesterday. It is inevitable.
What will it be like?
Isaiah chapter two has some surprising answers. It’s not all zombie apocalypse, there are some great things to look forward to as we see the time of the end approaching. It will be much better than one might think. Let’s take a look at Isaiah two.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
God lives among men
- God will quickly and justly make things right at the end of days.
- The Lord will establish, on a high mountain, a place for proper worship.
- The people of the nations will visit the house of God.
- Nations still exist. The zombie apocalypse will not destroy us all.
And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
People return to God
- People of the world are actively inviting others to come with them.
- Unity of purpose, reaching out to neighbors, and kindness toward ones’ fellow man will find restoration in the heart of man.
- The people return to God’s house and are willing to sit and learn.
- God is willing to teach. ‘He will teach us his ways.’
- As people flow to the house of God, experience his presence and peace, they will choose to walk in his path.
- God’s house will be in Jerusalem. The place of scorns, war, turmoil, and thousands of years of hatred will be the center of peace
And he shall judge among the nations and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
The end of War
- Justice will no longer be in the hands of corrupt judges, juries, politicians, and dictators.
- God will be our just, merciful guide in decisions regarding right and wrong.
- Those in error will be rebuked and corrected but judged fairly and the correction will be administered in a way that brings peace.
- War will take a long holiday.
- Instruments of war will be destroyed and tools that groom the soil of the earth will be a favored instrument.
- The art of war will never be taught again. Amen!
The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
The pride of men abolished
- Pride in men and women will not be welcome in the kingdom of the humble.
- God will humble those who oppressed the weak. He is just and will issue a just decree.
- God will rule justly and with mercy.
- Equality among men, women, and all the races is finally achieved.
The nations and philosophers of history have suggested ways to find peace on earth. It has always escaped them. Peace through domination, suppression, subjugation, has caused the free spirit of man to fight for freedom. Communist ideology proposed a path to equality among the nations but it led to tens of millions of people dead.
God’s path is better–
but often it’s the last path chosen. It will be chosen only after man has nearly destroyed everything around him.
And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
The proud men and women who took advantage of those weaker than they will not be in good standing when the God of peace takes his rightful place.
The end of the world will be a welcome sight to the meek, the oppressed, the overlooked, and forgotten.
Forgotten and overlooked never again. God will take his place on the throne in Jerusalem. In Jerusalem where the Jewish people rejected him and scorned him for centuries. God is a forgiving God. His mercy will be on display for the nations to see.
They will weep in shame that they rejected his kindness for so long. The end of the world will be so good. It will be the fresh start, the new beginning we all need.
Are you in? There is a membership fee. (Here)